Welcome to St. Patrick's!! Thank you for your consideration and interest in becoming a Faith leader!!!
First, let's set up an appointment so that we can meet, and answer any questions you might have about our Faith Formation program.
My office hours are Mon.-Thurs. 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and I can be reached at (308) 254-2828.
Secondly, we will introduce you to the St. Patrick's staff, and give you a tour of the parish center. You will see our spacious dining hall, the class rooms, craft supply room, and library. The library is filled with great resources like: videos, coloring pages, inspirational books, and posters.
Next, we will learn about the curriculum that we will share with our families.
Last but not least, in order to promote child safety, I will walk you through the steps of fulfilling the Diocesan Safe Environment requirements.
All of our faith leaders, and staff are required to be in compliance with the Grand Island Child Protection Policy.
For more information contact Safe Environment Coordinators-Joan Falcon and Amy Colerick at (308) 254-2828.
So, what is a faith leader?
A faith leader is someone who will share their faith experiences and would be willing to lead family small group discussions.
You do not have to have a degree in theology to become a faith leader.
Here are some qualities that will help you thrive as a faith leader.
- a desire to grow in and share the Catholic faith
- an awareness of God’s grace and the desire to respond to that grace
- a commitment to the Church’s liturgical and sacramental life and moral teachings
- a strength of character built on patience, responsibility, confidence, and creativity
- a generosity of spirit, respect for diversity, and a habit of hospitality and inclusion
Knowledge and Skills:
- a basic understanding of Catholic teaching, scripture, and Catholic Tradition
- honest and caring relationships with the age group being served
- effective teaching techniques and strategies.
Most of all, faith leaders need a commitment to grow. We don’t have to be flawless in all of these areas, however, we need to recognize where we might be deficient and strive to enrich ourselves.
adapted from https://catechist's journey.loyolapress.com.
If you are interested in sharing your time, and talent with our faith formation families, please contact Joan Falcon for (K-6th), and Amy Colerick for (7-12th) at (308) 254-2828.
Lead to Encounter- A Diocesan Catechist (faith leader) formation program.
This program is faithful to the teaching's of the Church and conscious of today's society.
(Click here to learn more.)